Safe Use of Abrasive Wheels Course
Who is it for?
Delegates who operate, change and supervise the changing of abrasive wheel
What does it provide?
To provide theoretical and practical training to enable delegates to select and mount abrasive wheels safely
Enable delegates to identify the legal obligations :-
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Management Regulations 1999
- The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.
- To identify the hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels
- To identify the methods of marking abrasive wheels as to type and speed
- To make delegates aware of the methods of storage, handling and transportation of abrasive wheels
- To show the methods for testing and inspecting wheels for damage
- To demonstrate the correct method of mounting an abrasive wheel including knowledge of the functions of the components
- Demonstration of the method of dressing a wheel
- Demonstration of the method of adjusting the rest correctly
| ||The above is underpinned with CITB /HSE video |
Training attendance certificates are issued on completion of the course
Management, Supervisors or Operatives who has a responsibility for manual handling operations
£20.00 per delegate (Members)
£35.00 per delegate (Non-members)
Click here to enquire